UPVC, with its many benefits and advantages, has become more common in construction.
UPVC can be referred to as unplasticized polyvinyl chloride. It is a strong, low-maintenance, but lightweight plastic construction material. Because it is solid and resistant to sunlight, chemicals, and oxidisation from the water, uPVC has become a more popular option for painted timber in the home improvement market.
It’s an excellent choice for double-glazed Windows and Doors because it’s both low-cost and low-maintenance. UPVC can also be roofing material, such as downpipes or gutters. Alternatively, UPVC may be known as PVC or PVCu. But they all reference the same building material.
What’s The Science Behind UPVc?
UPVC was invented in 1935. It has been in industrial use for 50 years, manufactured using sodium chloride. From this, chlorine gas can then be extracted via electrolysis. Ethylene can then be made using petroleum or natural gas. This creates chlorine, vinyl chloride, and ethylene. PVC is polyvinyl chloride, a chemical compound that contains chlorine, carbon, and hydrogen. The U signifies that the product has yet to become plasticized. To make them suitable and windows-friendly, they have heat and UV stabiliser additives that allow them to keep their colour and strength throughout the elements.
What Are uPVC Windows?
UPVC Windows Stratford upon Avon is a type of window made of uPVC. They have become a popular material in windows due to their high thermal efficiency and affordability. UPVC can look as warm and durable as wood.
The low maintenance required to keep them looking great will ensure they last as long as possible. All uPVC windows require little maintenance other than wiping down with a damp cloth to get rid of dirt and grime.
Advantages of uPVC Windows
- UPVC is the number one choice for energy efficiency. UPVC window profiles score higher than aluminium or wooden windows. They are more energy efficient and have better insulation. Using uPVC frame frames for passive houses is a great way to save energy. Window Companies Stratford upon Avon can be made today using state-of-the-art uPVC profiles.
- UPVC windows have an excellent cost-benefit rate – uPVC offers clear cost advantages both in procurement and throughout their lifetime. Timber frames are generally 20-30% more costly than uPVC profiles.
- UPVC is easy to look after – High-quality windows made of uPVC are effortless to maintain. On the other side, wood windows should be glazed once every two years. They also need to have their paint job done every five years. PVC granules of the highest quality are light-fast, weather-resistant, and highly durable. Due to their smooth profile surfaces, it is easy to clean the frame.
- PVCu Windows Stratford Upon Avon offers exceptional durability. They last longer than wood windows. High-quality windows will stand out due to their resistance to distortion and long life expectancy. UPVC windows are a wise investment as they provide a long service life of at most 50 years.
- UPVC windows are eco-friendly. They can be recycled 100 % and saved on resources. 40 % of the world’s gas and oil resources are used to heat buildings and provide energy, while only 4 % produce plastics. Only 1 % is used in uPVC production. UPVC profiles are not only recyclable, but they also contribute to an eco-balance and protection of the environment. UPVC windows last a lot longer than wooden windows. They also consume significantly less energy and are easier to manufacture.